Get the most from your investments
The Lawyers Financial Investment Program (LFIP) can help you accumulate wealth (stage 1) and create an income (stage 2) in retirement.
Here are just some of the benefits:
- Plans for investors and law firms
- Low Investment Management Fees (IMFs)
- Multiple investment options
- Segregated funds may potentially have creditor protection in the event of bankruptcy
- Segregated funds will save your named beneficiaries from a lengthy and costly probate process by bypassing the estate
- RRIFs, LIFs and non-registered accounts available
- Cost transparency – fees are itemized so you can maximize potential tax deductions in your non-registered account
- Advanced technology – a powerful retirement income calculator and ability to rebalance your portfolio with the click of a mouse
- Loyalty discounts saving you up to 0.60% off our already low investment management fees
The LFIP is administered by Morneau Shepell, Canada’s largest retirement and benefits plan administrator. Investments are provided by Great-West Life, one of Canada’s largest financial services companies.
You’ve got questions …
Who is eligible?
All members of the legal community are eligible including: lawyers, their extended families and law firm staff and their families.
Are investment management fees (IMFs) important?
Definitely. Lower IMFs can save you hundreds of thousands of dollars over your lifetime. As a rule of thumb, a 1% decrease in investment fees will result in a 20% increase in your assets by the time you retire. And in retirement, a 1% decrease in investment fees will result in a 20% increase in investment income.
What is the Loyalty Discount?
We believe in rewarding loyal clients. As your account grows, you benefit from even lower investment fees. Account balances between $50,000 and $499,999 receive a discount of 0.10% and account balances of $500,000 or more receive a discount of 0.20% off our already low investment fees.
What is the CBA Discount?
CBA members receive an additional investment fee discount of 0.40%, which can be combined with the Loyalty Discount noted above for significant savings!
What if I already have investment accounts at other financial institutions?
Consider consolidating your accounts with Lawyers Financial. You’ll be able to view all your investments on one statement, easily track your progress and rebalance your investments as needed with the click of a mouse.
What about my Lawyers Financial Advisor?
Your Advisor is always available to provide advice on all your insurance and investment needs. You may also manage your investments on your own, through our online client portal.
Your Advisor can also help you align your investment strategy with the right combination of personal and professional insurance coverage.